“愉”人节小辑 | 2020年《纽约客》杂志漫画欣赏

文学周刊《纽约客》的漫画以风趣睿智、清淡隽永见长,蕴含创作者对当下现实的温和调侃与讽喻。不少作品的笑点需要对社会历史背景有所了解才能捕捉到。今天,我们从2020年已经面世的十多期《纽约客》杂志里选取十幅作品,供各位读者品评。不知道你们能否联系当前的社会文化现象看懂其中一些漫画里的“梗”?

01

“The vertical lines are very slimming.”

“竖线条看起来很显苗条。”

02

“Myra, if you really mean it about restructuring, let’s lose the shepherd and keep the sheepdogs.”

“米拉,你要真的有意搞重组,我们就把牧羊人裁了吧,留着牧羊犬。”

03

“Now that you are a woman, I want you to have this sweater that was given to me by my mom, who was always cold. It was given to her by her mom, who was always cold. She got it from her mom, who never knew warmth in her life.”

“你如今长大成人了,我把这件毛衣交给你。这是我妈妈传给我的,她一辈子都在挨冻。传给她的人是她妈妈,那女人也是一辈子都在挨冻。她又是从她妈妈那里接手的,那女人一辈子都不知道暖和的滋味。”

04

“I think it was Fitzgerald who wrote, ‘The very rich are different from you and me.’ ”

“我想应该是菲兹杰拉德写过:‘大土豪跟你跟我都不是同类人。’”

05

“I guess you’ll leave at high tide.”

“我想,潮水一涨高,你就会走了。”

06

“Wow! From up here you can see everything.”

“哇呜!上到这里,你什么都能看到。”

07

“I wish I’d spent more time arguing about ‘Star Wars’ online.”

“真遗憾啊,没能多花点时间到网上吵吵《星球大战》的事。”

08

The End is Near!

末日临近!

09

“Any bag that can hold all my things becomes too heavy to carry.”

“任何装得下我所有东西的包包都重得提不起来。”

10

“I’d say my number-one issue is getting off the island, and then, after that, probably health care.”

“我觉得我的头号大事是离开这座小岛,接下来的大事呢,大概就是医保了。”

打开APP阅读更多精彩内容